Welcome to the FCA!
Important January Dates
On Wednesday, January 8, the FCA will hold its regular monthly meeting at 7 pm at the Fairlington Community Center, 3308 S. Stafford Street. No speaker is planned.
On Wednesday, January 14, the FCA will host a Park Shirlington development forum. Representatives of Home Properties, Inc. will brief the community on plans for the redevelopment of the property. Home Properties filed a site plan and rezoning application with Arlington County in November. The meeting will be at 7 pm at the Fairlington Community Center.
2014 FCA Board
President – Guy Land
Vice President – Kent Duffy
Treasurer – Ed Hilz
Secretary – Carol Dabbs
Directors – Joe Hartman, Mark Jones, Bill Russell, Lisa Schwanger, and Carrie Street
Fairlington Green Landscape Project
Wonder what’s been going on along Quaker Lane? Here are the details:
- The Landscape Restoration project was initiated and designed by Fairlington Green and the landscape architects and arborists of Brickman Landscaping.
- The Fairlington Green community needed to address failing trees, a deteriorating visual barrier w/ Quaker Lane, and safety issues related to the proximity of this area to Quaker Lane and the heavy volume of traffic.
- The plan was briefed at the 2012 Fairlington Green Condo Association annual meeting and an update was given at the 2013 annual meeting.
- The project will include the planting of 133 new trees, additionally hedge shrubbery, and a 6′ black aluminum fence along the Quaker Lane boundary of the Fairlington Green property.
- The project is fully funded by the Fairlington Green Condo Association.
- View Quaker Lane Landscape Project Sheet – Apple Area and Quaker Lane Landscape Project Sheet – Cherry Area.
Farmers Market Update
The FCA has submitted a proposal to the Arlington County Board. Learn more about the status of this project.