Welcome to the FCA!
Announcing: Fairlington’s 1st Annual Most Fabulous Fright Contest
Since decorating houses for Halloween has become a huge annual event in Fairlington, the FCA is sponsoring a home decorating contest to go along with the welcoming of the Great Pumpkin (less than a week to go!). Prize is a gift card to Copperwood Tavern, plus some serious neighborhood bragging rights. So start designing your Halloween display right away. And even if you don’t want to invest in major decorations, make sure you vote online for your favorites.
About the contest:
- Send your nominations via email firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight, Friday October 28th.
- Nominations require name, address, a good quality photo, and a theme or title (e.g., “The Hendersons’ Haunted Hilltop” or “Basketball Boogie Men,” etc.)
- You may nominate yourself or a neighbor, but please get their permission first.
- Saturday morning, the judging panel will venture out to narrow the nominations to the top 5 or so homes.
- Saturday, October 29th, in the early afternoon, we’ll post a SurveyMonkey link on the FCA website (www.fca-fairlington.org) and on Facebook and open up the top homes to neighborhood voting for best of show. The winner will be the home that gets the most unique votes.
- Voting will continue through midnight, Tuesday, November 1st.
- We’ll announce the winner on the website and Facebook on Wednesday, November 2nd.
North Fairlington voting place correction
The polling place for North Fairlington will be North Fairlington Community Center, 3005 S. Abingdon St. due to the construction at Abingdon Elementary School. Read the story.
November 2016 All Fairlington Bulletin
Read the November 2016 All Fairlington Bulletin.
I-95/I-395 Travel Improvement Survey
Fairlington residents who are frequent commuters along I-395 are encouraged to participate in a state-sponsored online survey to obtain ideas and feedback on the most important ways to improve travel in the I-95/I-395 corridor.