All Fairlington Bulletin
Read the December 2022 All Fairlington Bulletin.
Santa Rides Through Fairlington December 10
Santa and his elves are scheduled to ride their firetruck through Fairlington on Saturday, December 10, at 2 p.m. For more than 20 years, the FCA has coordinated a Santa firetruck parade through the neighborhood, including a modified version at the height of the pandemic. The parade route will work its way through the main streets of North Fairlington before crossing the bridge and winding through South Fairlington. Young firetruck aficionados will have the chance to sit on the back of the truck and ask questions to the firefighters, or Santa. Fire Station 9 brings their best festive sirens and lots of candy. As always, if duty calls and Santa’s firefighter friends have to use their truck to help others in an emergency, their journey may be cut short.
Santa’s route through Fairlington
1. Arrive Abingdon Elementary School parking lot around 2 p.m.
2. Depart around 2:15 PM, driving down S. 29st St.
3. Cross S. Abingdon St. and S . Buchanan St.
4. Left onto S. Columbus St., continuing around the S. 30th St. traffic circle
5. Left onto S. 31st St., crossing S. Buchanan St.
6. R ight onto S. Abingdon St., crossing bridge onto S. 34th St.
7. R ight on S. Wakefield St.
8. Left onto S. 36th St., crossing over S. Utah St. and S. Taylor St.
9. Left onto S. Sta fford St. at the traffic circle
10. At the traffic circle closer to community center, left onto S. 34th St.
11. Right onto S. Utah St., continuing past S. 32nd Rd.
12. Right onto S. 32nd St. (passing Utah field and park)
13. Right onto S. Stafford St., continuing to the Fairlington Community Center parking lot for a 15-minute stop (3308 S. Stafford St.)
14. Return to Fire Station 9
FCA Annual Meeting and Elections December 14
Elections for the 2023 Fairlington Citizens Association (FCA) Board of Directors will be held at the organization’s annual meeting in person on Wednesday, December 14, at 7 p.m. in Room 100 of the FCC, 3308 S. Stafford St. Board members are elected at the annual meeting and hold office for a term of one year. All nine positions are up for election each year. Board members receive no financial compensation for their service, but they have the satisfaction that stems from helping strengthen the Fairlington community. Interested in running for a position on the board? Contact FCA Vice President Jennifer Davies, vp at fca-fairlington.org.
Fairlington Commemorative Ornaments
Place your order below using PayPal or a credit card. Pick up your order at the Fairlington Community Center, 3308 S. Stafford St. during business hours.
FCA to sponsor MLK Jr. Day of Service
FCA will partner with the Abingdon Elementary School PTA to clean up the Abingdon Community Garden at the school on Monday, January 16, as a community service
activity to mark the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. Additional details will be provided in the January issue of the Bulletin. This will be the first time FCA has sponsored
a community-wide volunteer activity to honor the civil rights leader.