Welcome to the FCA!
Participate in Alexandria’s Strategic Plan: July 18-21
Community members are invited to participate in the continued development of the City’s Strategic Plan by taking part in an activity to prioritize goals specific to each draft theme developed earlier in the process.
Options for participating:
1. Monday, July 18, 7 p.m. — Community Meeting at Samuel Tucker Elementary School Cafeteria, 435 Ferdinand Day Dr.
2. Attend one of a series of in-person engagement opportunities throughout the city, where staff will be on hand to answer questions (please check the website regularly throughout the week for updated times and locations):
- Tuesday, July 19, 7:30-9:30 a.m., ESP Coffee, 1012 King St.
- Tuesday, July 19, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Ben Brenman Park, 4800 Brenman Park Dr.
- Wednesday, July 20, 5:30-7:30 p.m., YMCA, 420 East Monroe Ave.
- Thursday, July 21, 7:30-9:30 a.m., Starbucks at Bradlee, 3690 King St.
- Thursday, July 21, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Charles Houston Rec Center, 901 Wythe St.
- Sunday, July 24, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., Four Mile Run Farmers & Artisans Market, 4109 Mount Vernon Ave.
3. Provide your input online. Detailed information regarding the online engagement opportunity will be communicated through eNews and posted on the project website following the community meeting on July 18.
Proposed Bus Route Changes
Here’s the FCA letter to the county board regarding proposed bus route changes.
What is the Fairlington Citizens Association?
The Fairlington Citizens Association (FCA) is about you. All residents are members and an executive board is elected annually. The FCA’s mission is to promote activities that make Fairlington a better community in which to live by serving as a forum for discussion of residents’ concerns and by representing Fairlington’s views to local government.